Your product received
Empower your marketing by
letting customers know!
The official licensing partner of CNET, a Red Ventures company
Badge Licensing | Quote Licensing | Reprints/Eprints | Permissions
Featuring a review, quote, or third-party endorsement badge in your marketing gives your audience an unbiased, trusted recommendation they can rely on when making purchasing decisions. CNET brands are highly recognizable and valued by consumers, setting your product apart in a crowded landscape.
Badge and Quote Licensing
Use CNET badges and quotes on your website, social media, product packaging, in-store retail display, print marketing, advertising collateral and TV content.
Use your reprints/eprints in print marketing collateral, on your website in PDF format, or in emails to showcase positive press.
Obtain permissions to use text and photos in textbooks, magazines, newsletters, presentations, on-screen and in educational settings.License Now
Ready to license? Have some more questions?
Allow one of our content sales and licensing account executives to assist you! Complete the form below and we will be in touch in 1-2 business days.
Usage creative guidelines
- Usage request
- All requests for award badges and usage agreements must be made by email to Jessica Stremmel at CNET@theYGSgroup.com.
- Creative guidelines
- Recommended size is 100% of supplied badge size.
- On a white or light background, logo should be printed in color and kept in existing format.
- All quotes must be attributed to publication name with the date of the review.
- The following disclaimer needs to be included with all submitted creative using the badge: “(Publication name) is not affiliated with and does not endorse products or services of (Name of Licensee). For example, (CNET.com award name) is a registered trademark of CNET.com and is used under license.”
- Using an award badge or quote on your advertising and product packaging are two high-impact ways for your company to promote the award among consumers and to help drive sales.
Use these great opportunities to show off your award badge or quote:
- Product advertisements and commercials
- Website (a link to the publication’s website must appear wherever logo is displayed)
- Product or product packaging
- Retail displays, including counter displays, shelf-talkers, point-of-purchase displays, posters/wall hangings
- Email and newsletters
- Intranet and internal correspondence
- Trade marketing
Frequently asked questions
- What is the benefit of licensing CNET logos and content?
People have many choices when shopping for consumer electronics. CNET’s editorial endorsements give people the confidence they need when making purchasing decisions. The award insignias are symbols people rely on that, in turn, set your product apart from the competition
- What is the turnaround time on licensing approval?
Turnaround time is 24 hours after receipt of payment and submission of creative for approval. All creative material must be approved before it is distributed.
- What do I do when the license expires?
If you wish to continue using the quote or badge license after it has expired, you may reach out to YGS directly at: CNET@theYGSgroup.com and we can provide you with a renewal quote. Should you decide to not renew for another term, please remove the creative from your website, email signature, collateral, etc… and cease use of the previously licensed content.